Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Halloween


  How did I miss posting last week. Time is running away from me! I made a deal with the boys they could have twenty five bucks or spend it on a costume . So Wrex is going to be a baseball player and Houston bought a Darth Vader Costume. Little Waylon is going to be an angry bird! Last weekend Ian was at school but the boys and I got to take a train ride to the pumpkin patch. It was Houston and Waylon's first train ride and it was pretty special. Everyone was in costume and they had Charlie Brown's theme song playing in the background. their theme was "the Great Pumpkin " which is one of my favorites. The tough part was holding onto Waylon because there was no room for a stroller on board. When we arrived there was all sorts of carnival games and bounce houses. We went on a hayride and had to make it through the maze to get to the pumpkins. Of course, we took our picture with Lucy, Snoopy and Charlie Brown. I didn't care how much that pic was, by golly these kids are going to remember this! I liked how the pumpkin patch wasn't overly crowded. The only way to be allowed admission to the area was by train, so it wasn't too crowded. On the way back the train slowed to a stop three times and I was worried we were going to have to walk back to town, but they straightened things out, thankfully! After the train ride, the boys and I found an amazing pizza place that we have already had to go back to. Wrex says its the best pizza he's had in his whole life, I'm in it for the bread sticks, somehow they incorporate honey into them and I don't know how but it is amazing!

    This weekend I took the kids to a Halloween Carnival that a neighborhood was putting on. We got to pre trick or treat and do the "Cookie walk" Houston made a spider mask, so you know good times. We also moved our trailer in the park this weekend and rented a larger propane tank to get ready for cold weather. We moved right next to a huge pine tree that we have decided will be our Christmas tree!  Our high is 55 around here but its getting chilly! Ian was told that he is starting a job two hours away and they are putting him up in a hotel. That threw me off. I thought I had figured out how to stick together during this apprenticeship but it looks like we'll be spending a few weeks apart. Hes working further up the mountain, theres not too much up there. But brrrrrr he's going to be cold.
    We were lucky enough to get a friend I met through my retreat to watch the kids this weekend so we could go out on a date. I don't think we've been alone since December so it was time! We were told there is a dynamite sushi place in town so we tried it. It was very good sushi but being that it was so close to the college the servers were a little more concerned with their Halloween costumes then service. Either way, it gave us a good laugh and it was so nice to have dinner without discussions of whats going on with Cartoon Network. So all in all, we have been having a great time and staying very busy.
  We'll be praying for everyone in Sandy's path and remember all those lineman that have traveled from all over the country to restore the power as soon as its humanly possible!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment