Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A little bit of Momma Time


 So this weekend, I was able to escape to a Women's retreat! I know, it was very exciting stuff for me! Someone had told me about it, back in July and I signed up. I was assured that if we weren't around , I could easily resell my ticket and I am so glad I signed up. As it came closer, I started to get so excited for a little break from my mommy life. When the day came, I was so pumped, it didn't matter what we were doing or where we were going as long as I didn't have to make dinner and clean. So I took off on Friday, left Ian with some frozen pizzas and a meal in the crockpot! I grabbed a Pumpkin Spice latte and headed up the mountain. It was the most beautiful drive. All of the Aspen trees were bright yellow although most of them had already started losing their leaves. It was so breathtaking  that I pulled over to take a picture, that's when I realized I left my memory stick in my computer, dun dun dun. Oh well. I took one on my phone, that really doesn't do it justice, but WOW, simply amazing.
     We ended up having the most amazing food (very important to me) I was a little disappointed when my name got called for KP but as this is one on my many talents, I sucked it up. I also got to meet some amazing women in the kitchen and obviously I felt very comfortable in there (being as I am ALWAYS in the kitchen.) I swear it was like Thanksgiving three times a day, it was so wonderful to not cook it either! The first morning I showered and shined and was hanging out in the kitchen when someone said it was snowing! I was so excited, I ran outside, wet hair and in my socks, a typical southern Californian I'm sure. I think I've only seen snow fall from the sky once in Big Bear and I was very young. It was so amazing to me, I'm sure I will see much more where that came from, but WOW, I was amazed or maybe it was dazed! I never realized snowflakes were so tiny. In school, they are the size of a coffee filter and I knew that was an exaggerated size, but I didn't realize how exaggerated. I know that sounds very naive of me, but this is how much snow experience I have. The snowfall didn't last long and we were able to go on a hike that afternoon to a lake nearby. I had such a good time hiking and laughing with my new friends. At night we had campfires and ate smores. I felt so refreshed by Sunday.
    When I made it back, I was relieved that the fifth wheel was still standing, Apparently, Ian and the boys did not leave the whole weekend, which was perfect for Ian because he had a lot of homework to catch up on. Waylon lost a pair of jammies in a poop fiasco, Ian said there was just no saving them, haha! But those two definitely got some bonding time in . I can see it in the way Waylon keeps staring at Ian. The older boys got to catch up on their cartoons and all is right in our little world. Hope your week is going well too. Much Love,
Kristina

An old car I found, with a friend on a hike...just one more adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment