Wednesday, May 30, 2012

We Made it!

We're here! The trip went great, the kids were so good. Even Waylon was on his best behavior. We stopped in St George and found a great hotel. The boys swam in the pool and we ordered pizza. It was a great way to relax after a long drive. The next morning we took off and made it to Salt Lake by lunch. It was about 12 hours, but we made a lot of stops for bathroom brakes. Anyway, once we got here I spent the rest of the day unpacking. It seriously took me about 5 hours rearraging things and trying to make everything fit. But it did finally fit!  I was worried that it wouldn't and my precious belonging would be useless. So the major improvements to the trailer have been of course my kitchen supplies, but I am loving my memory foam on my bed and a tv in our room. It was awkward finding a good seat to watch tv in the living room.
     So yesterday we organized a little more and hung up some decorations from home. I cleaned the bathrooms because I don't think Ian ever had. I returned the uhaul, that was an adventure.  I'm not use to driving with a trailer attached and I am completely relying on my navigation. When the genteman asked me to back it in, I just smiled and said, "I don't think you want me to." After that escapade, we found a grocery store. Stumbled around there for a while, trying to not overbuy because only so much can fit in this fridge. We got enough for a few days (I hope.) Then we hit the pool and did some laundry (the laundry machines just happen to be by the pool, convenient huh?) This showed me that the kids may have too many clothes...  It was a pretty good day. Lots of new things, new places. Just what you'd expect.
    It was all worth it barbecuing steaks with Ian last night. It feels so good to be together again as a family. One weird thing, I was exhausted by 9 and it was still daylight out. I went to bed,  Ian and the kids stayed up, I think. I don't know, like I said, I crashed. So today we are going to take Waylon in for his 4 month check and figure out the whole internet situation. I'm tryping this on my phone because the internet throught the park is inconsistent, but I couldn't leave you guys hanging. I know its a pretty boring update, but thats what I'm doing.  The linemann rodeo is this weekend, I'll take pictures and let you know how it goes.  MUAH from site C30


3 comments:

  1. awww this makes me want to cry im so happy for you guys!! That's awesome that you can be together!! Ive always been too scared to travel with eric with the kids. How exciting for you. I loved the beauty of Utah when we lived there. Where are you guys at maybe well come out and visit! Do you know how long you'll be there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in North Salt Lake City. We're so happy to be together and the kids are doing so well. We'll be here until this job finishes and then we're on to the next. I really don't know the time frame, but I'll keep you posted.Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. NICE!! we used to live in Logan. its BEAUTIFUL up there... and a short drive to Bear Lake and you can see Eagles. OMG I miss that place! (not all the mormons though lol) Eric will be leaving for Minnesota on the 9th and will be there for 4 months. maybe we'll take a trip through Utah and visit. My friend Katrina is up in Boise Idaho and just had her baby today so Ill make a stop up there too! :)

    ReplyDelete