Saturday, May 19, 2012

So This is Why I Have Brothers

       Yeah I know that sounds mean. For those of you who don't know me, I have three brothers. One that lives on the East Coast and the others live near me. My mom also lives on the East Coast and my East Coast brother and I often joke about how I live near the more unhelpful brothers and that is a bummer. They help me in their own way. They bless me with their presence when they are hungry. They enjoy sitting on my couch at Holiday functions. My dad once said I was their West Coast Momma. That's what you all want to be right? A caretaker for your dads and brothers, yeah me neither. But we are family and we love each other and being the only sister ( for a second I wrote older sister which is funny because it seems like I should be but I'm not the oldest) I have always guided or manipulated or dragged them where I think they should be. I've gotten a lot better and lately we've all coexisted peacefully but living very separate lives for a while. This is taking a long time to explain but know that I love all my brothers and they all drive me crazy and they are usually not the ones I call in a pinch. Ok you get the idea.
    So, Ian mentioned maybe we should start packing up earlier than later and maybe we could take advantage of the 3 day weekend to start moving. Then he was thinking maybe it's too much work to fit in 3 days. So I figured I'd start packing up and see how far we get. Either way, we gotta pack. So I called my brothers and promised to make them breakfast if they would come move some boxes into storage for me.
    So this morning, I look out my window and see my brothers car. He's done this before...party all night and sleep in front of my house so he doesn't miss the family function. So I woke him up and started making coffee, my other brother brought the bacon ( he had to call me from the grocery store because he didn't know where breakfast sausage was and he though maybe I wanted kielbasa....yep this is what I was working with) Okay so my dad crashed the party, now we have Larry, Curly and Moe, great.
    What these three men did over the next four hours was so impressive, it takes my breath away. My dad told me to start packing my boxes cuz you don't want other people touching your stuff. So they started moving a pile of bricks that I needed moved (yes, I have all sorts of fun chores at my house) and I started dumping out drawers. We moved dressers, bed frames, couches. It was wild!( I can't forget to mention my little sister in law was a life saver and came to hold Waylon)  I've never seen these guys move so fast. Seriously, this was a miracle and I was not expecting it. So, I don't know if we're moving early or not but business was handled today and these monkeys did it. In my youngest brothers words " Sis this is why you had brothers." Love you monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment