Thursday, May 17, 2012

Utah

What a trip! We had a great time, the boys and I went to visit for 4 days and we got to see the new trailer! Here's a picture of the outside....ooooo pretty...
I had all this fun stuff to do and we didn't do any of it. Not really, we pretty much just hung out and had some much needed family time. Ian only had Friday and Saturday off so we lounged around. There's a really pretty bike path right outside the park and we walked on it several times a day. I packed the boys razor scooters in my luggage, so they we're scooting around having a ball. We did go up to Park City and walk around. They had the Olympics up there in 06 I think. It was beautiful.

Mother's Day, Ian had to work so the boys and I went to a Calvary Chapel Church out there and then went down to a Cabela's store. The boys got squirt guns and cap guns and I got a rocking chair. We spent the rest of the day at the pool and I rocked Waylon. It was very relaxing. The last day the boys and I went into downtown Salt Lake and walked around exploring. Then we went and got Ian a few things he was missing like...an oven mitt, cleaning supplies, a toilet brush, a hand towel, a can opener...you get the idea.  Not that it wasn't entertaining watching him take out frozen pizza with paper towels but you know, I was really just getting it ready for myself. I did try to make the stay in the trailer as real as possible. Showering was fun. The shower is pretty tiny and Ian has taken to calling the bathroom the funny bone room because no matter where he stands he hits his ...yeah you got it. I made the boys take showers in the campground showers, just to see of they would protest. They didn't and I think it's a good idea for summertime. Also, I did laundry in the laundry mat before I left. I made friends with a gal, we were united by the fact that one crabby lady had taken all but one washer and dryer. She must've been having a rough morning because she was slamming the doors and making the two of us feeling very awkward. Anywhoo, my new friend gave me the scoop on where I should take my laundry. She usually takes hers to another laundry mat because it's faster and cheaper but on account of her broken leg she's not allowed to drive. (She did drive to the laundry mat at the campground but she told me she only does that in the mornings when the kids aren't around.....note to self...)  She also told me where all the kids stuff was until my brain almost exploded, there is a lot to do around there. So after that it was time to come back home. What was really nice was not having to drag the kids to places at certain times. Most of you know, we're at school three times a day and baseball games and chess club. I am so grateful for all my friends and family that have pitched in these past few months, but not having a crazy schedule is going to be heavenly.   So the boys and I flew home. A few hours later, Ian texted me that he was in the ER. He was on the ground and someone was 30 feet above him holding a metal pole, Ian was suppose to be checking to make sure the placement lined up but the guy in the air dropped it and Ian's hand got pinned to the ground. Nothing was broken, he is one lucky man.   Oh yes! The most important part, we found renters. After I wrote my last post, I noticed an IBEW truck outside my house. There was a lineman sticker on it, so of course I was staring, wondering what and who could possibly be in that truck. Turns out it was a lineman from out of state working in California and looking for a place to rent, it's a perfect fit and they're ready to move in, so the wheels are moving. I took a break from packing to write this and I better get back to it. Muah , take care until next week. I'm thinking about posting more pictures  and less words,  we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment