Thursday, May 10, 2012

DOWNSIZING

    So I've been a busy bee, packing up little by little so I'm not overwhelmed....yeah that's the idea. It's hard figuring out what I really want to keep. I don't want to store a bunch of junk, but when you see it everyday, you grow attached. You know. I have a jewelry box someone gave me ten years ago for a graduation present, I've NEVER used it but that person is important to me, do I keep it? How about a special tea cup....I never drink tea but the teacup preserves a memory. This is what my life has become. My lovely sister in law Viva, flew in to help me get through some particularly crummy jobs. We sorted through my files in the office. It was like unearthing the catacombs. Why do I keep utility bills and old insurance cards? I found one of my brothers birth certificates, that was weird. Why did I keep a flyer for a house we considered buying five years ago? Yes, my sister in law, she's pretty wonderful.
    In the midst of all this, we started showing our house to prospective renters. Being that my husband lives out of town and I just had a baby, I don't mind telling you that I have been living in a pigsty. I'd like to say that I was actually very accepting about it. But alas, my house is small and I'm hoping to keep it clutter free so it feels more spacious, so the mess has to go. Keeping up on it, is killing me! When someone comes to look at it, I load up all the chillins and dog and go on an an adventure. We've gone for ice cream, dinner and invaded our friends houses. Last night, was one of these such nights. I was lucky enough to leave our dog and baby with a friend because on top of it, it was open house. My plan to run in and run out was thwarted by Houston's kindergarten teacher. She had planned a classroom scavenger hunt that lasted about 40 minutes. (Did I tell you, I showed up an hour early because I  messed up the time) The kindergartners have worked really hard this year and the tour was well worth it. My favorite part was the "When I Grow Up" poster. Houston proved that no matter what Dad does he is following in those footsteps and the rest of the kids made me laugh...too cute. Then we went to Wrex's classroom where all of Wrex's creative stories were displayed from the year and it made me so proud of him. His teacher played an evil trick on us, where we had half of a picture of our child's face and we were suppose to draw the other half. I really missed Ian at that moment , when I looked over and saw a mom carefully shading in her sons face. My poor child, I did the best I could but it was awful. His teacher told me they were going to display them on the wall for the kids to see. I formally apologized to Wrex this morning, he said it was ok, that his drawing came out with "hick teeth." I love these kids.
    So onto Salt Lake City this weekend. We planned to go visit Ian (all of us) let the boys check out their new stomping grounds and brake in the trailer. I can't wait to see it. I've never paid so much for something I haven't seen. Scary! Anyways, Ian just found out that starting Saturday he is working 12 hour shifts...bummer. But he dis get one day off, while were there. At this point, we take what we can get. So I made a list of things I can do with the kids. Apparently, they have a drive in theater. Score! They also have rollerskating, indoor rock climbing and an indoor amusement park. I don't know why I found all this indoor stuff. I'll probably be living it up on Mothers Day, with my kids hanging out at the pool in the trailer park. I know you're jealous, don't hate. So that's the plan. I just got another call that someone wants to see the house this afternoon, so again with the cleaning. Where's a girl, suppose to keep the laundry? In the drawers? Come On!

No comments:

Post a Comment