Saturday, June 9, 2012

On the Road Again....Durango, Clorado here we come!



     So when Ian went into work yesterday, he was told that his work there was done! We knew it was coming, so it wasn't that big of a surprise. The job was winding down. So he went and put his name on the books through his apprenticeship, cuz that's how these union boys do things. Well he had a new job call out within the hour. We are headed to Durango, Colorado. So yesterday was a frenzy of Ian getting the hitch put on his truck and me doing laundry and picking up temporary License Plate. Our's still hasn't come in, it sounds like we're major procrastinators, which I really don't see myself as...funny. So again last night we had to say more goodbyes, to the families we've become friends with in Utah. I was just getting settled, but this was a great experience and a good place to start.So some last minute thoughts on Salt Lake City...
I've noticed that the billboards are not selling as much consumerism here as they are self improvement. For instance, anti- tobacco, or there's a tattoo removal billboard with a gal with a bag over her head saying "pretend it never happened." Or there's one for "lifting Utah" for breast augmentation and face lifts. Or Hair removal, I like that one because someone drew a goatee on the model, I wish I could take a picture of that one, but you know, two hands on the wheel. There are others that I don't feel comfortable writing about, but lets just say these one's are considered sins and the folks of Utah want you to know where to get help....Very interesting and I felt this change was noticeable from California.
On another note, I've noticed that I feel much more free to sing at the top of my lungs and dance in my car to the radio when I know, nobody knows me around here. I'm a bit quiet by nature, I'd be mortified to bust a move at home and turn my head to see the baseball coach or something. Here, there's less fear of embarrassment. It's been fun, not quite ready to leave but Durango sounds pretty cool too. Most of you know, I have been excited to get to Colorado. So Here we go...On the road again....

No comments:

Post a Comment