Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Scrapbooks

 
 Last week was so peaceful! That Day Camp was awesome, I loved it. The boys on the other hand...they had a great time although they might not admit it. The boys went to a fish hatchery, a roller rink ( which they totally got schooled by the local kids) they had a water slide that was doused with Dawn to make it more slick...yeah they had fun. More importantly, I had quiet. It was lovely, I read a whole book, I know, boring. It was so great.
  That weekend we had frequent thunderstorms. So the kids  and I started a new project. Scrap booking! I've never gotten into it before, it seems tedious. I prefer photo books on shutterfly. I make each boy one at the end of the year, they call them their year books. Anyway, I thought the boys might appreciate making their own scrap books. Not likely right? Well I bought them red and blue (their favorite colors) blank scrapbooks.  Then I got primary colored papers, cool boy stickers and printed out 90 pictures of our adventures so far. I told them they can basically do whatever they want, use the pictures, don't, I don't care, it's their book of memories.
Wrex made one page only, it emphasized our road trip from Salt Lake to Durango and has very few pictures (mostly stickers) on it but it's pretty creative and thoughtful.  Houston went scrap book crazy, he made 4 pages over the next few days, he cut out almost all the background of his pictures and put moustache stickers on his brothers. I helped him put things in chronological order and then we printed out the journals I've been letting them type and pasted them onto the pages. I'm pretty pleased with them, I think this will be a big part of our "art class"  this year. I love catching glimpses of how their little minds work. I hope they will treasure these books because it is their own creation, not something mom did, you know? Again, more memories in the making.
   Well, we are off to Grandma's today. We have an evening flight and have to change planes in Denver.  It will be just the boys and I spending the week in Maryland. They are so excited. I am excited to take a shower and shave my legs without going into a yoga pose. (Our shower is tiny) Here's hoping Waylon sleeps on the plane...

1 comment: