Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letting the Days go by...water flowing underground...Once in a Lifetime

      Phew!What a week! It seems like they're flying by now that school is in session. We're definitely getting into the swing of things. Last week our teachers threw some curve balls our way by assigning paper mache and clay masks. I know the art stuff is suppose to be fun but when I see those assignments, I kinda think "really?!" Oh yes, also we have four pieces of bread spread around the trailer, some in ziplocs, some not, that we are monitoring for mold each day. Like we didn't have enough stuff crammed on our countertops! In the name of science, we press on.
   So, more adventures in Bayfield...I went to "the Grocery Store" (yep that's it's official name) last week to get some eggs and someone had sharpied out all of the expiration dates on the side of the cartons. I picked up one carton after the other and they were all sharpied out. Weird! Then I noticed a sign posted next to the eggs, telling you how you should interpret the expiration date on the cartons (it said 45 days after the date was good according to the law) which would have been something if you could have seen the expiration date to begin with! Yeah, I didn't get them, it was too much of a gamble.
     Also, we were completely invaded by bikers this weekend. There was a big bike rally in Ignacio, I believe it was for breast cancer (not sure how) but they we're everywhere! The campground was full and everyone generally had a good time.
     We went back to the rec center this weekend. Houston cannot understand why we aren't there everyday. So we went and the boys did more rock climbing and high diving. I've decided to put them into diving lessons because they think they are diving but their belly flops are painful to watch. Parent keep looking at me like "you're going to let them do that again?" Houston and I checked out the Discovery Museum in Durango. It was pretty awesome, it was like a Childrens Museum but with a heavy Science influence. The first Sunday of the month is pay what you like day, SCORE!     
      Labor day the boys and I had a picnic on the Animas River. It was different then being back home, but relaxing . The biggest moment of the weekend was Waylon saying "dada." It made me so grateful to be with Ian to share that moment. Just another reminder of why we're on this crazy journey together.
      We did a lot of cooking this weekend. We made banana bread and Chocolate chip cookies stuffed with oreos. We barbecued ribs. I'm about to start this 8 week challenge to be more healthy, fruits, veggies and excercise. I think the knowledge of that being around the corner made me hungry this weekend. Anyways, so pretty much more of the same. Never a dull moment. Now we start it all over again, at least it's a short week right? Anywhoo, take care until next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment