Monday, April 9, 2012

Surprise!

So it's the kids Spring Break and the thought of keeping the kids entertained seemed a bit overwhelming, seeing as we just got through "Presidents Week." So I planned to visit my mom in Maryland. So that meant I had to brave a 4.5 hour plane ride with the kids alone, but then we'd be smooth sailing at Grandmas House for a week. Unfortunately, it also meant not seeing Ian for a month between his work schedule and my out of town schedule. So I got through the flight! Waylon slept in my arms for about 3 hours so I felt extremely lucky and sore and buff at the same time. The older boys played video games the whole time. We made it to Grandmas house! We spent the evening goofing off with my brothers and sister in laws and stayed up way too late,  it was so fun but it wasn't the same without Ian. I woke up the next morning and made my way up the basement steps towards the coffee, when I opened the door, I saw my husband asleep on the couch. Even now it makes me tear up. I was so confused in that moment, I thought for a split second I had been living in a dream and we really weren't living so far away from each other and then it hit me...reality,that is...he hopped on a plane after work changed flights and drove 2 hours to my moms house just to be with me. I am still in shock, that my husband who HATES flying, has become such the traveler, for me. I felt so grateful that I can experience that overwhelming love. Being the planner that I am, my old life never had room for unexpected reminders like this. I feel so grateful for this. I feel I should post this, for the simple fact that, I don't want to glaze over this memory. I was truly surprised. My mom and husband really knocked my socks off with this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment